Jun 11, 2008

This Blog Is Getting Boring

I am fully aware that this blog is either A) me ranting about gestational diabetes (and boy, could I go off on another tangent right now!) or B) me writing nothing for days on end.

Here's the deal - I'm swamped at work with trying to complete my "regular" projects, as well as preparing for my upcoming maternity leave. Right now I'm scheduled for 8 weeks of leave, but my boss and I have spoken about the possibility of me taking the full 12 weeks if it's financially possible. And since I am the entire Development Department at work, I don't really have anyone who can help pick up the slack while I'm gone. This doesn't mean that I'm not going to get any help, it just means that the more work I get done before I have the baby, the better.

Right now I have three grants due by the end of June and I just found out that I have another three HUGE grants due in the next 3-4 weeks (this is according to my boss - the deadline is probably the end of July, but she is convinced that I will have to deliver the baby early due to the aforementioned gestational diabetes).

On top of work, we're finishing the nursery, fixing up the basement for when my parents visit, and dealing with everyday life.

So this is why this blog has been so boring.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I hate to break this to you, Tracy, but your blog is in no way boring. I know what you're going through and I think you do a good job communicating it through your writing.

(Good practice for writing a novel.) :-)