Jun 6, 2008

Resting

I started having some cramping last night - in my lower back as well as uterine cramps. I couldn't fall asleep because I was worried about it. When I woke up this morning, the cramps were pretty much gone, but I was feeling nauseated and tired...I just felt "off."

But the cramping returned this afternoon, so I finally called the doctor (why do I feel like I'm being annoying by calling my doctor?). They told me that I most likely was having Braxton Hicks contractions and that I should drink a bunch of water and take it easy tonight. They think the heat and humidity (and even the slightest bit of dehydration) can make the cramping worse. If I have more than 5 contractions in an hour, I need to call my doctor. I'm crossing my fingers that some water and rest will alleviate the situation.

No comments: