Jun 25, 2008

34 Week Ultrasound

We had another ultrasound today to measure the baby for growth due to my diabetes. I have pictures, but am working from home, so I can't scan them in until tomorrow.

As for his size, the tech said that he was a "big boy." At 29 weeks his weight was estimated at 3 lbs 12 oz and today it was estimated at 6 lbs 7oz. There is a one pound differential, so he could be anywhere between 5 lbs 7 oz and 7 lbs 7oz. I still have 5 weeks to go according to my due date, but I'm beginning to wonder if I will make it that long. I have no medical reasons to think this, but just based on my doctor's recent comments and a gut feeling that I have.

We also were told that he has big feet and is very long (they had to estimate the length of his legs on several pictures because they couldn't get them to fit on one screen).

I'm getting anxious about these last few weeks. We're still working on the nursery (we're picking up the furniture this weekend while we're in Chicago). After that, we should pretty much be done. But I'm most concerned about labor and delivery. I'm scared of needing a c-section - honestly that freaks me out more than anything else. I hate the feeling of being out of control, and even though my level of control is still limited if I have a "natural" delivery, I still feel like I have much more control than if I have to have surgery.

Just trying to stay as calm as possible...

1 comment:

Marie said...

Big babies are tougn, my son was 9'3" and 22" long...labor was induced when I was 3 weeks late...but that was 17 1/2 years ago, they don't let women go that long anymore...he didn't even fit in newborn diapers!!! Good luck Tracy! I am sure you will do fine. Congrats on picking up the nursery furniture, that will be fun, huh? Maybe a nice massage will help you relax!