May 10, 2008

Fore!

Our annual golf event is coming up on Monday. This means that I have been stressed beyond belief at work, and that I worked most of last night and am doing more work this weekend. It all will be over in a couple of days. The day of the event is long and tiring, but by then all the prep work is over - it's all about staying on top of things.

This is my sixth year of coordinating the event. I thought things would get easier by now, but this year we added a couple of new people to our committee, which means that they have new ideas I need to implement.

I should get back to work. I really don't have much more to do, and I know that I will feel so much better if I can get this done this afternoon so I can enjoy my evening and my day tomorrow.

I probably won't post anything else until Tuesday (well, maybe Monday night if I'm feeling OK). I'm really looking forward to having another event behind me. It's like planning a wedding for 160 people each year. I didn't even have that many people at my own wedding...

1 comment:

Marie said...

How did your golf event go? Hope it was well and you did not work too hard and were not too stressed! Happy belated Mother's day!