Jun 11, 2010

Right now


  • I'm waiting for the painkillers to kick in so my migraine will go away.

  • I'm eating Goldfish crackers because the meds leave a funny taste in my mouth.

  • I'm daydreaming instead of working.

  • I'm grateful for Patrick taking Griffin into day care this morning - my head was hurting too much to deal with the daily battle of getting Griffin dressed and out the door.

  • I'm happy that it's Friday - looking forward to playing with Griffin this weekend.

  • I'm proud that I've been keeping up with my writing goal.

  • I'm determined that I will finish this first draft by Griffin's birthday (July 22) - only 21,969 more words.

  • I'm disgusted with the Chicago Cubs, yet I feel compelled to watch each game.

  • I hope my boss approves my request for a week of vacation at the end of July so I can play with Griffin and prepare for his 2nd b-day party

  • I'm grateful for our state-issued health insurance for Griffin. It has saved us hundreds of dollars so far...maybe even thousands once Griffin gets his ear surgery. In all honesty, based on our income, we pay NO premium, NO co-pay, and all of his generic meds are free. I can't say enough how absolutely grateful I am to the state of Iowa.

2 comments:

Katie Ganshert said...

Hey Tracy!

So great to see a comment from you on my blog! Sorry Griffin's ears are acting up! That's no fun. My nephew used to get ear infections all the time, but then he got the surgery and he hasn't gotten one since! I hope that happens for Griffin!

That's awesome that you're reaching your writing goals! Keep it up, girl!

Take care,
Katie

Jason said...

Another reason why Iowa rocks.