Jun 6, 2009

Naps and headaches

Today was a weird day. There's no other way to explain it. Griffin has been battling a cold for the past few days and the poor guy is struggling to breathe through his nose. He slept pretty well last night, but was up at 6 AM and kind of fussed his way through the next couple of hours. I have been battling migraines for the past week and this morning was no different, so at 6 AM I was not ready to wake up, let alone take care of a sick and fussy baby. But I did, and I even made apple cinnamon muffins at 6:30 AM (please hold your applause...they were from a package).

By the time Griffin took his morning nap, I was exhausted and my head was throbbing. I crawled back into bed. Patrick was still there (he'd had a bad night and hadn't gotten much sleep). I could make this really short story really long, but I won't. The bottom line is that all three of us napped today at the same time. Then we all battled headaches today. I had a migraine. Patrick had a tension headache. I assume Griffin had a sinus-type headache. We were all a bit out of sorts. Griffin is in bed right now and Patrick is taking another nap. Griffin is reacting to his cold, and I think Patrick has been in a funk lately - he's been missing his dad a lot. Me? I'm not sure what my problem is. The headaches have been back and I'm not too happy about that. Work has been stressful again. I've got some other issues I'm dealing with, but those need their own post, which I fully intend to write a) when I can find the time and b) when I can find the courage.

No comments: