Jul 7, 2008

Progress - Part 2

The Bambino definitely has dropped a bit. First of all, my belly looks different. Second, I have to pee, like, every 15 minutes and I'm having a ton of pressure on my bladder - I feel it every time I stand up and I've been getting these sharp "jolts" when the baby moves around. Actually, I can feel him in every part of my belly (he moves a lot!), but I definitely feel them a lot lower than I used to.

I go to the doctor tomorrow for my first internal exam to see if I'm dilated or effaced. I hear these exams can be uncomfortable at this point in pregnancy, but I'm so curious about my progress. And, yes, I know that it doesn't really mean squat. I could walk around dilated to 3 for weeks, and I also could not be dilated at all and go into labor tomorrow.

It's all a big mystery...

1 comment:

Marie said...

I remember with my daughter I went for my visit on my due date and they told me that I wasn't gonna go for at least another week- I woke up the next morning in labor...they don't know when it's gonna happen..only the babe knows when he is gonna make his grand enterance!!! Good luck on your exam, at that point in my pregnancies nothing really bothered me in my exams....I was just anxious to get it over with.