Feb 15, 2008

A Little Too Close to Home...

Last night's news of the shooting at Northern Illinois University hit a little too close to home for me. I graduated from there in 2004 with an MA in sociology. That campus was my life for a number of years. I lived there. I studied there. I worked there. It was my home.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I watched everything unfold on television. There was the library and the student union. There was the building where my office was located. There was the sidewalk between my office and Cole Hall where I walked countless times back and forth to the library, to class, to my car.

And I wonder if I ever crossed paths with the gunman - we both studied in the same department with the same professors and we used the same research lab.

It's all so sad...

1 comment:

Marie said...

There is just far too much of this going on...I have college age children and whenever I hear of these kinds of things I just feel so badly for those mother's whose hearts are breaking....what is this world coming to? We need to put and end to this senseless killing of kids by kids!