With no health news to report, I still wanted to update my blog. I used to post almost every day - even when I had nothing of importance to write about. I go through waves of wanting/not wanting to sit down and type my thoughts. I've been busy lately with work, family functions, worrying about my health, etc. I've compromised (with myself!) and decided that for now, bullet-point lists are OK until I'm ready to write again. So, for now a brief update:
- I attended my cousin's wedding this past Saturday. I haven't been to a wedding in a while, so it was nice. It also was nice to be with my parents and my sister and her husband with no kids running around. We could actually sit and talk!
- My grandmother, who will turn 90 at the end of the year, actually got up and danced. She danced with her sisters at my my wedding in 2004, but a lot has changed since then. What song got her up and dancing? Aretha Franklin's "Respect".
- I have an appointment with my neurologist on Thursday. This is one of the few doctors I don't mind seeing. I'm not sure what course of action he will take this time, but I look forward to discussing my migraine patterns with him.
- Since my doctor is in Evanston, IL and we live in Iowa, I have to take a vacation day from work to go see him. Not a huge deal since I only visit him once a year. This year I decided to take 2 extra vacation days. On Friday I will be going to lunch with my friend, Jason. He and I met on our first day of work and even after I left in 2002, we have remained friends. I'm so excited about our lunch date! I also took Monday off partly because I need to use up some vacation time before things get too crazy at work. I also thought it would be nice to just have a day to myself.
- We (me, Patrick, and Duncan) are taking our first official family vacation this summer! We're flying to Norfolk, VA and then driving out to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I'm trying not to focus on the flight and instead think about how much fun we will have and the memories we will create. Not easy, but I'm trying.
I have some really belated pictures I want to post, so maybe I will do that tonight...