Jul 10, 2007

A Few Brief Updates

I haven't posted anything in a while - mostly because I am preoccupied with my health and I just don't have the mental energy to say very much. There are a few things going on that are somewhat "post-worthy":

- Today my grandpa moves into assisted living. My mom and dad worked incredibly hard over the past week making arrangements for some of his furniture to be moved as well as buying some things for him, making his bed, and setting up his kitchen area. This morning his seniors club is having a going away party for him - he has been their treasurer for over 25 years.

- It's back to Chicago this weekend for my cousin's wedding. I need to dig through my closet to see if I even have a dress to wear. Actually, I have these great new black dressy pants and some strappy high heels...is it inappropriate to wear something like that to a wedding reception? It might be easier (and less expensive) for me to buy a dressy top to wear than an actual dress.

- On the health front, I need to pick up my x-ray/ultrasound results from last year to bring with me to the hospital on Thursday. I'm starting to get anxious about the tests. I know what to expect, so it's more of an anxiety of just getting it over with and finding out what is wrong with me.

- I have this strange gut feeling telling me that something is not right with this situation. What scares me most about that is I am one of those people who always has strong gut feelings...and I'm usually not wrong. I guess I'll find out on Thursday. I really, really hope I am wrong this time...

No comments: