Apr 20, 2007

Maybe...But I Doubt It

Yes, another migraine today. That makes four straight days with bad migraines. I'm feeling a tad better - enough to wash the dishes and flip through a magazine. I can still feel the pain, but don't think I should take anything else. I have to work tomorrow morning from 8:30 AM - 11 AM at a Baby Expo. Not bad, but I need to be functioning and another pill might push me over the edge.

This whole thing is weird as I have never had such bad migraines for so many straight days. Um, especially when I'm not supposed to be getting them (wink, wink). This, of course, has prompted my insane husband to ask if I possibly had a "bun in the oven". Yes, he used this phrase, which made me roll my eyes and made him laugh because he knew he had annoyed me. Yeah, right. Me pregnant? I don't think so. I mean, I couldn't be, right? I'm 99% sure I'm not. Maybe 95% sure. How about 90%?

The migraine situation has me a bit concerned as it has never happened before. So many migraines. Such bad migraines. Migraines that have been resistant to medication - even the strong stuff. I'm having other issues/symptoms, too, which I really don't want to get in to because I just know I'm not pregnant, and it would be silly to bring all this up. Well, the only one I will bring up is the bizarre episode of me making turkey meatloaf and my inability to stop myself from gagging at the smell of it. No one else could smell it but me. I couldn't even eat it because the smell was so strong - I tried covering it with a napkin but it didn't help. Once again my husband said, "Maybe you're pregnant!" I hate when he does this. Sometimes people are just sensitive to smells.

The issue is that we're both on the fence about having children. Well, I am more on the fence than he is. He has always said, "I don't want to have a baby when I'm 40 years old." Guess what, hon? Two months from Sunday you're turning the big "four-oh". My issues stem from potential migraines with no medication and a general fear of the unknown.

Let me reiterate that I really don't think I'm pregnant - probably just some random symptoms that just so happen to be occurring at the same time. It's probably just a fluke that I'm having so many migraines. I'm positive that I'm not pregnant...almost positive.

No comments: