Apr 15, 2007

Light The Night With Hope

This is the first of many times I plan to post this message - a plea of sorts. On September 8th my family and I once again will participate in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light The Night Walk. We will be walking in memory of my aunt. She was an amazing woman - funny, intelligent, sarcastic, warm, generous - I could go on and on. But in the end, in the face of adversity, she was strong...and courageous...and brave.

At last year's walk, my mom asked me to write the dedication - she didn't think she could do it herself. Here is what I wrote:


We dedicate this walk and this night to Mary Lou Altom.

- A kind and generous soul
- A warm heart
- A fighting spirit

We are so proud of your strength, your courage, and your ability to have fought this disease with a sense of humor. We love you and we miss you more and more with each passing day.

We would walk a million miles just to have you back.

All our love,
Donna, Mike, and “The Girls” (Kristie & Tracy)


I am seeking donations to help support the Society's mission - Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Please visit my personal web page to see how you can help - http://www.active.com/donate/ltnDesMo1/2258_tmoore2406

No comments: