Feb 15, 2007

You Know It's Not A Good Day When You Have to Carry Around Antacids

I'll get right to the point with this one. My husband and I received an offer on our house last week. We counter-offered and it was accepted. We felt as though we gave in too much, but after 2+ years of paying two mortgages (plus taxes, insurance, etc.), we desperately need to get rid of this house.

Last night, the deal fell through. This is the second time this has happened. The first time, a young woman got cold feet at the last second and backed out. This time, a young man was concerned about the age of the plumbing in the bathroom and feels like he might have to remodel it if something goes wrong. The problem is that we already agreed to purchase a 1-year warranty on the house. This protects the buyer and the seller, so we're not sure what this guy's problem is.

So, we're back at square one. I am sick over this. Literally sick. I feel like someone lit a match inside me and my stomach is slowly burning away. I have been living on antacids since last night. I am staring at the bottle right now, wondering if it's too soon to take some more.

I don't know what else to do. I don't know if we can handle this any longer.

All I know is that I don't have a choice. I can't run away from this no matter how much I want to. Every morning that I wake up I must strap onto my shoulders this financial, emotional, and physical burden. I must carry it with me every moment of every day like I have for the past 2 years.

Sometimes it's just too much.

No comments: