Jan 25, 2007

The Most Awful Thing I've Heard In a Very Long Time

I have a nemesis at work. An arch enemy. We don't work in the same department, so there isn't any jealousy over who has the better job. She's just incredibly immature - especially for someone in their mid-20's, with a husband and two children. My theory is that she was emotionally stunted at the age of 15 and has never dealt with her issues. And believe me, she has issues. She brings them up ALL the time. She also is completely socially and professionally inappropriate. And she sings very loud to the radio she has in her office.

So on to the most awful I've heard in a while (aside from her singing). This was the conversation at lunch:

Nemesis: "I can't wait until I'm 40!"

Co-Worker: "Now that's just plain stupid!" (everyone laughs)

Nemesis: "Well, when I'm 40 my kids will finally get out of my house."

Huh??? First of all, her children are 3-years old and 6-years old. Secondly, she said this in front of our Executive Director. Thirdly, we work for a freakin' day care.

Wow.

No comments: