Sep 24, 2009

Apple picking

The whole family went apple picking last Sunday. We were going to go on Saturday, but Patrick convinced me that Sunday would be better - it would give me one more day to get over the cold I'd been battling. Plus, we checked the weather reports and Sunday was supposed to be as nice as Saturday.

Wrong! I didn't feel better. In fact, I felt worse. And the weather sucked. It was dreary and drizzling. We forgot Griffin's sweatshirt (not that he cared), and I was crabby with a capital "C."

Thanks to Patrick, we had a great time. He was able to see beyond the rainy day (and thanks to Duncan for offering up his new sweatshirt for Griffin to wear). Oh, and Griffin loved his first apple (and now we have to hide the bag of apples because he will just dig into the bag and start biting into as many apples as possible).

Here are some pictures:

Apple picking 011

Apple picking 005

Apple picking 004

Apple picking 009

2 comments:

Jason said...

Looks like a ton of fun! And Duncan towers over you. :-)

Christina Heald said...

Ok--so I made the mistake of making apple painting prints with the kids on Monday--right after your field trip--and BTW--at least I know he is going to have a good time when I take all the kids tomorrow! Anyway, he was so fascinated that I would take this half apple skewered with a toddler fork and dip it into red paint and then stamp it onto some white paper. He cackled away at the thought of it and as he stamped up his first apple painting, he decided it wasn't the art experience he wanted so much as it was the apple! I wish I would have taken a picture of that! Apple covered in red paint and Griffin happily trying to take a bite out of it. He definitely knew what it was! Thank goodness for non-toxic paint and when I took it away he was mad at me for 20 minutes and let me know it! So, I guess I'll wait to do home made kool-aid flavored/smelling play-doh...:)