Jul 5, 2009

The best day ever

On Friday I woke up with an awful migraine...and no medicine. Once I got Griffin settled with a clean diaper and a bottle, I plopped him in bed with Patrick and drove to Walgreens as fast as possible to get my prescriptions. The pain subsided within a few hours, but I was left feeling tired and out-of-sorts. I was so upset because this was my day off from work - a "free day." A day I could take Griffin and take a walk or go to the park. I made all sorts of plans because Patrick had a few things he had to do for work and then we were going to meet up and do some stuff together later that evening. But I had to go ahead and get a migraine.

After Griffin's morning nap, I forced myself out of the house and to the park. I was disappointed that no one else was there. Seriously. It was a gorgeous day...where were all the other families? I got Griffin in the swing and he had a blast. I don't know who giggled more, me or him. I had my camera with me and took a ton of pictures. It was so bright outside, so I couldn't really tell if I was getting anything good, but when I got home, I was pleasantly surprised.

Later that night, the three of us went to dinner and ate outside and then off to downtown Rock Island to watch the fireworks. What started off as a pretty awful day, turned into one of the best days ever, and here are some pictures to prove it:

118

101

107

109

108

2 comments:

Grading Girl said...

Hi Tracy,

I'm in the market for a new digital camera and noticed that your close-ups look amazing. Can I ask you what camera you have? I'm looking for recommendations. Thank you!

Tracy said...

Hi Theresa,

This is the first digital camera I ever purchased. My dad was an amateur photographer and I've always been a fan of film cameras, but I finally decided to get a digital one a few years ago. I did a bunch of research and chose the Canon Powershot S3 IS. I've been really happy with it, but there's still so much more I need to learn about digital photography. Good luck with camera shopping :-)

-Tracy