Mar 9, 2009

Thankfully, Patrick doesn't read my blog

I'm writing about my backup husband. Patrick and I have had this conversation numerous times - who would we marry in case things don't work out between us? For anyone who thinks we're not taking our marriage seriously, I say this: Boo...you're no fun! Get  a sense of humor.

We've even gone as far as breaking it down into the following categories: Backup boyfriend/girlfriend, backup husband/wife, and backup the-person-I'd-have-a-one-night-stand-with-if-I-ever-did-that-sort-of-thing. Seriously, our dinner conversations are awesome.

I know who his backups are and he knows mine, and we often tease each other about our choices. His pretty much stay the same, while mine tend to fluctuate a bit more. I'm just moody like that.

So my new backup husband (although he really fits into all of the above categories) is William Elliott Whitmore. He's a blues/folk musician and has the most amazing voice. I discovered him about two years ago and I just fell in love with his music, his voice, his lyrics. He's an amazing writer...a genius writer, and I just love that.

Then I saw his picture, and yowza...I fell in love. I want to live on his farm with him and have his babies. Is that so wrong? I don't care if he doesn't have electricity or indoor plumbing:

wew1

wew51

 wew8

wew6

Would you really care about peeing in an outhouse? I think not. And the best part? He lives in Iowa! Boo-yah!

6 comments:

Jason said...

I had no idea you were a beard-and-tats kind of gal.

Tracy said...

On him, I like the beard and tats. Although, on him, I'd probably like an extra ear in the middle of his forehead.

Not that I'm obsessed or anything, but I read an interview he gave and his favorite tattoo is the one he has of the Iowa state bird. Love him!

Jason said...

An extra ear in the middle of his forehead = love truly is blind.

:-)

Tracy said...

Love is blind and love would make me totally overlook walking through 3 feet of snow to pee in an outhouse.

Jason said...

Wow, I've never had a girl say to me, "I love you so much, I'd walked through 3 feet of snow to pee in an outhouse." My life suddenly feels empty.

Megan said...

Mystery finally solved! You made me laugh harder than I've laughed in a long time. :)

There is something thrilling about a man with a tattoo in a white t-shirt.

Now I'm left wondering who Patrick's are? Tony chose Gwen Stefani. What man alive wouldn't?