Sep 10, 2008

The Worst Night EVER

In a follow-up to the colic post...it still sucks.

We don't know what to do anymore. Everything that used to work isn't working tonight. Since 12:30 PM, when it all started, I/we have done the following:

- Taken Griffin on a walk in his stroller
- Walked throughout the neighborhood with him in his Baby Bjorn
- Fed him
- Burped him
- Changed him
- Placed him in his bouncy seat
- Read to him
- Sat outside on the porch with him
- Sang to him
- Took him for a 90-minute drive around Bettendorf
- Rocked him
- Bounced him
- Took him for another stroller walk
- Fed him in his stroller
- Walked up and down the driveway with him
- Swaddled him and rocked him
- Took him for another car ride

Right now Patrick has him in the car and is driving around. I think he might go to his parents' house for a bit. We are completely frazzled. I don't know what to do anymore, but I'm freaking out because Patrick has meetings all day tomorrow, and I just don't know if I can handle another day of this. It sounds so dramatic, but I am so anxious just thinking about tomorrow. The mere thought of another day of crying and screaming and helplessness makes me feel so overwhelmed and trapped. It's like I can't breathe.

I can't do this. I can't do another day of this.

No comments: