Apr 20, 2008

I'm Sick

I'm sick...again. I woke up a couple of days ago with a scratchy throat - I knew it was coming. I now have a full blown cold. My throat is fine, but my head and face and nose are so congested. I have an earache and my head is throbbing. I haven't really slept in two days.

I've been sick since March 10th. It is now April 20th.

I'm sick of being sick.

I'm also growing sick of the people that live with me. Now, this might be because I haven't felt well in six weeks, or it might be because I'm hormonal. I really think it's because both people that live with me place everything else in life (baseball, basketball, friends, tv, the internet, etc.) above anything related to this family. Does anyone care that I've been sick for six weeks AND I'm carrying an almost 2 pound human being inside me? Does anyone realize that while I can still get around very well, my back hurts if I stand too long, so maybe someone could offer to unload the dishwasher? Do you think anyone thinks that in only a few short months there will be another person in this house and that MAYBE they could help clean their crap out of the spare bedroom? What about just spending time as a family? Watching a movie together or playing a game? I have this conversation over and over and it doesn't seem to get through to anyone. I can't do everything by myself. I couldn't do it before getting pregnant and I sure as heck can't do it now.

Am I just feeling sorry for myself? Possibly...but I know I have some valid points. I feel like I'm the least important thing around here. You all are witnessing me turn into my mother by saying this next thing: It's like I'm the maid, the chauffeur, the cook, and the financial planner all rolled into one. It's not like I'm dealing with a couple of little kids, but even then I'd expect some help. Seriously, get off your flippin' butts and help me. Show me some concern. Show me that you understand that I don't feel well.

Sometimes I feel like I'm going to have a meltdown from constantly taking on so much and having this same conversation over and over and over.

I'm sick of it.

No comments: