Mar 11, 2008

Medical Update #1

I went to the emergency care center this morning at 7 AM. Thank goodness there was no wait to get in. The doctor suspected pneumonia, but could not be sure (I can't have a chest x-ray) because as they listened to my lungs they heard a lot of wheezing (gotta' love that asthma). So, after two breathing treatments, they listened again to see if they could spot any pneumonia. Thankfully, they didn't. I ended up having a severe case of bronchitis coupled with an asthma attack. Definitely not a good combo.

I get bronchitis at least once a year, and i have to say that this is the worst case I've had since 2000. I'm miserable. Every time I breathe, it feels like someone has swung a baseball bat at my chest and back. Taking a deep breath is incredibly painful, but all I can take are my inhalers, Tylenol, and some Robitussin.

I will post the second medical update (the ultrasound) when I am more alert and actually have the pictures scanned (I'm not at the office right now, and we do not have a scanner at home).

No comments: