Nov 21, 2007

Waiting...

At 1:15 PM today, we will find out if Patrick's mom has breast cancer. It has been a whirlwind week for her, with an ultrasound, additional mammograms, and a biopsy. The thing that makes me concerned (outside of my general level of anxiety about these results) is that the doctor asked her if she had spoken with the surgeon. He even mentioned the word mastectomy, but I don't understand why he would say that. She hasn't even received her results.

This can't happen. On a cerebral level, I know it can happen, but emotionally, I don't want to deal with the aftermath. Patrick's father is battling advanced prostate cancer, and I don't know how this family will deal with the additional bad news.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Tracy, I will keep your MIL as well as your FIL in my prayers and thoughts. My MIL had breast cancer back a few years and it was really scary to think about losing her....good luck to you and your family.