Oct 17, 2007

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

I love the rain. Really, I do. I find that it energizes me in a weird way. It motivates me and I tend to get a lot of work done because I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. Today was a different story. I've been running around like crazy preparing for Duncan's birthday (he'll be 11 years old n Friday). Baking a cake, wrapping gifts, putting together goody bags, and even making treats (homemade banana muffins) for his b-day party at school. It was cloudy all day and even rained on and off for the afternoon. All of a sudden, it started pouring. I could hear it on the roof and against the windows - even a distant rumble of thunder. Suddenly I was exhausted. My body felt like it was working in slow motion, and I was fighting to keep my eyes open. I finally succumbed and went upstairs to take a quick nap (Note: I don't do well with naps. I am notorious for getting super cranky when I wake up). As soon as I snuggled under the blankets, the phone rang. It was my mother-in-law inquiring about the birthday party. Then, my husband called and I knew that my intended nap was never going to happen. I came downstairs, groggy and trying to find my way through the dark house, and decided to finish dinner.

I still feel like I'm in that funk. I can't quite seem to shake it. I'm trying to allow myself to feel the funk, but make sure I still read, write, exercise (that's a tough one), and engage in my other everyday activities.

The only other interesting thing that happened today was getting my annual flu shot. Good times, people. My arm is sore and swollen. That happens every year. One year I got a lump in my arm the size of an egg. It's not like that this time, but it does hurt to lift my arm. I used to think it was psychosomatic, but it actually hurts to touch or move my arm.

I lead an exciting life...

No comments: