Aug 12, 2007

Another Boo Update

Well, Boo made it through the night. Her temperature is normal and her glucose returned to normal after shooting up quite high early this morning. Basically, she is sleeping a lot and eating/drinking when she feels like it. That is how she has been at home for the past few months - a very sporadic eater. She is still receiving IV fluids to help hydrate her.

I am not expecting a miracle. She is 15 years old and I know that even if they are able to stabilize her, she might not have much time. I guess I feel like I want to get her through this critical period and see how she is doing at home. They said it might be 4 or 5 days in the hospital. We know it is going to be quite expensive to treat her, but she's family, and I could never let her suffer at home.

This is a blurry picture, but it's the Boo sleeping all curled up on an IKEA chair pad for our outdoor furniture:


No comments: