Jul 17, 2007

The Results Are In...

I received a letter from the hospital (actually, I received the same letter twice). It states, "Your diagnostic bilateral mammogram did not show any sign of cancer or any significant change since the prior study."

This is great news and a definite relief...however, I would like to know why they feel the need to follow-up with this next statement (which they placed in bold): "You must remember that about 10% of breast cancer cannot be found by mammography..."

Why do they do that? Well, I know why - to make sure we don't lull ourselves into a sense of complete security, so we know that we should continue to watch for changes in our bodies and continue to get checked by our doctors. But don't they know that some of us are neurotic???

So, definitely good news, but I don't feel that huge sense of relief like I expected. Damn that last sentence they wrote...

2 comments:

Jason said...

Well, even despite the last bolded sentence...

YAY!!!

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Marie said...

Glad to hear the tests were normal. Have to go get my annual mammo and I know how waiting for results can stink, nevermind if you were concerned there was something there to begin with.