Apr 3, 2007

So Many Posts In One Day

This might be a record for me - the number of posts I've written in one day. Actually, I don't even know how many I've written today, it might only be two, but it seems like a lot. Besides, I've been composing so many of them in my head as of late - maybe they're all running together.

I sit at home and write this while the wind gusts outside must be over 50 mph. The beautiful rain that started my day has ended and now we are left with a huge drop in the temperature and really high winds (the kind where you have difficulty inhaling when you're walking into the wind). I also have a cat nestled on my lap. Nellie (or as I like to call her "Boo Boo Kitty") has learned my daily patterns when I return home from work. Check the mail. Drink some water. Turn on the computer. She likes to sit on my lap while I read my e-mail and write my posts. The irony of this is that I am not a "cat person" but a "dog person". I married into a family with 2 cats. I have learned to love them and they will be the only cats I love. My theory is that they can sense my love for dogs and they are either a) trying to turn me into a cat person or b) rubbing it in my face that no dogs live in this house.

But I digress...

I stopped at the post office after work to pick up the certified letter that was sent to us by our real estate agency. I know it has to do with the whole earnest money situation, but I'm not sure of the specifics. So it just sits on the kitchen counter mocking me - taunting me to see if I will open it. I can't open it alone. The last time I did something like that was when that a-hole sent his letter demanding his money. I read that one by myself, got incredibly pissed, and then had to stew in my own anger until I could get a hold of someone. I just can't go through that again, so I'm waiting until my husband comes home. Unfortunately, that will be late as he has baseball practice tonight. Crap.

The other day my husband asked me if I really wanted to go through with this fight over the earnest money. I told him that it was up to him - I was tired of making the decisions and writing that stupid letter and just plain thinking about it. He said he would fight until the end, but that he was worried that it was getting to me - I was taking this too hard and it was affecting my moods. I guess that is true. It has been on my mind a lot and it bothers me - I don't want to fight over a few hundred dollars, but I also don't want this guy to get away with it, to think that he can do this to other people. My father always says, "Education is expensive", and I want this guy to learn this very important life lesson. So, we decided to continue to fight, but I could not do this alone. This might sound strange, but in my short 2 years of marriage, this is the first time that I ever felt like I truly needed my husband. I know that I could not fight this without him. I told him that he would have to be the strong one. He gladly accepted that role.

No comments: