Feb 21, 2007

So Long Old Friend


Today marks my first day without a Coke or Diet Coke. Or Pepsi or Diet Pepsi or Sprite or any carbonated beverage for that matter. I'm giving this up for Lent. So for the next 6 weeks I expect to be crabby. The thing is that I don't even drink that much - maybe the equivalent of one can per day. In fact, I've gone a couple of days without any. So, it's not that I'm giving it up because of how much I drink. I'm giving it up because I know it will be hard to give up.

I also feel the need to launch into a discussion of how even though I abide by the "rules" of Lent, I have many deeply rooted issues with the Catholic church. Unfortunately, I'm dealing with a bad cold - my nose is stuffed up and my head is throbbing. So, that part of the post is going to have to wait.

On a side note, my doorbell just rang. I thought it was the "super cool" pair of boots I just purchased from Zappos. However, it was two nice women who were handing out some reading materials - The Watchtower: Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom. I have no specific comments about the brochures, but find it kind of creepy that I was just talking about my issues with my religion when these women showed up.

No comments: