Jan 23, 2006

Choose Your Attitude

Ugh...I'm dreading work this week. I have a meeting on Wednesday that doesn't even start until 4:30 PM. My usual hours are from 8 AM to 4 PM, which means that my brain starts shutting down around 3 PM. I'm definitely a morning person in the sense that I do my best thinking and writing anywhere from 8 AM - 12 PM.

I took a vacation day on Friday and today, so I think I'm dreading things more than usual. I keep telling myself that it won't be that bad - my attitude is only making it worse. Ironically, we had a management meeting at work and talked about how our attitudes can affect our work, etc. Anyway, I heard the phrase "choose your attitude," and I've been trying to use that when I get into a funk (like right now). I'm not normally one of those perky, cheery, ain't life grand people. I mean, I like to try to think positively and see the silver lining, but I completely understand when other people get in pissy moods and just want to vent or complain. I would never tell anyone else to choose their attitude - mostly because if someone said that to me...

I'm OK thinking it to myself. So, I'm going to do my best to choose my attitude for tomorrow and especially for Wednesday.

No comments: