Jan 19, 2006

Birthday Thoughts...

Well, I'm officially 33 today. My birthday started off with an entirely too long meeting at work - isn't 3 hours a bit too long to spend in a warm, cramped room with your coworkers? Although, I did get my yearly birthday phone call from my mom and dad, including a duet of "Happy Birthday." That always makes me smile. It makes me appreciate not only having parents who still sing Happy Birthday to me even though I'm well into my 30's, but the fact that my parents are really good, funny, and interesting people. I miss them a lot...

Birthdays seem like the perfect time to sit back and reflect on your life - at least for me. I've been thinking a lot about the title of this blog - An Unencumbered Life. It came to me very easily. I guess I always thought it would make a great title to something - a book, a song, a movie. Anything, really. Does anyone live an unencumbered life? No fear. No anxiety. No self-doubt. No sadness. No regret. Is that even possible? Maybe that is why I chose this title.

Yes, this is a little morose for a birthday entry, but I can't help the fact that I get reflective on and around my birthday.

On brighter note, Patrick took me to dinner tonight to one of our favorite restaurants - one that we used to go to when we first started dating oh so many years ago (OK, it was only 5 years ago). We had a nice time and even got a free piece of cheesecake!

I guess turning 33 isn't so bad...

No comments: